I want to know how to set up a second Facebook account for myself. How do I do that?
Before you do that, know that Facebook only allows one account per person. Here are their legal terms for accounts:
Registration and Account Security Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account: You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. You will not create more than one personal account. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
To get around that (which we don’t suggest), you would simply need to register using another email account.
Just either log out of your account or pull up another web browser (if you use Chrome, start up Firefox) – just one that nobody is logged in to and then go to facebook.com and sign up again using another email address.
You’ll then need to confirm your account using that email address. Just go to that email account and look for the verification email, click on the link and you’re done.
If you don’t have a second email account, you can get a free account at GMail, Yahoo or Outlook.
Some Things to Think About Before You Do It
- I have friends that accidentally have more than one account. They signed up with one email address, forgot about that account and then signed up for a Facebook account using another email address. I friended them twice and then they started using both accounts, so it’s a little confusing about which one I should post things to. Your friends might get confused, too.
- And I’ve had someone impersonate me on Facebook, too. They copied my profile picture, saw who I was friends with and then set up a fake account. I reported it and Facebook closed it down right away. You run this risk when you set up a second account.
- If Facebook finds out you have two accounts, they might close down both of your accounts. They can track your IP address, so creating accounts using the same computer can be tracked.
- You can create pages on Facebook with a single account, so you can make a page for your band, company, website, club or whatever else you have.
- create another facebook account
- create second facebook account
- how to create a second facebook account
- open another facebook account
- how to open a 2nd facebook account
- Open a Second Facebook Account
- how to up date my facebook account
- how to set up a 2nd facebook account
- how to open a second Facebook account
- create a second facebook account
- 2nd facebook account
- create new facebook account now setup
- create new facebook account now
- how to set up second facebook account
- add another account to facebook
- create a second facebook account now